Killington, Vermont - Ski Weekend

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend we drove to Killington, Vermont for a ski holiday with our friends.  We rented a ski in / ski out condo and had a great time.  It was a long drive up - about 9 hours to get there late Thursday night (or I should say in the wee hours of Friday morning).  We skied for three days - great slopes and had a lot of fun.  It was really really cold; but we had the right gear and was bundled up.  no skin exposed!  Sunday afternoon turned to rain, so the girls called the day early; but Dan and Todd skied on - true die hards!  Monday we woke to a fresh 8 inches of snow so the girls had fun playing with the grown ups packed up and got ready to leave.

The weary travelers celebrating our 9 hour drive with a bit of wine!


 Getting ready to hit the slopes - but first we have to go get our ski lift tickets.


Tammy adjusting to the cold cold weather!  
 Stop for a lunch break!


The Peppes and Greens - all bundled up, ready to ski the slopes.

 On the gandaloa lift - nice warm enclosed way to get to the top of the mountain.


Checking out the map - this place is HUGE ... one can get lost pretty easily!


Everyone made fun of me for bringing my heated foot massage - well, as you can tell it was a very much loved item at the end of the day!





No we aren't getting ready to rob a bank; only ski down a mountain.




Me and pigtails - do I look like the Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate girl?

Playing Jinga waiting for breakfast.


Taking off our boots after a long day .... ahhhhh!


Dan and I ate lunch at Killington Peak lodge - beautiful!



I had to convince Dan to let me go off and do some skiing on my own.  Everyone wanted to ski the black diamonds and I'm not quite that confident yet.  I love to take my time, put in my music and just enjoy the journey down the mountain.  


Cute little tunnel we had to ski through to get to our condo.


Every night we went out for dinner.  Overall all the restaurants we went to had great food!


The girls on top of the mountain!


Waking up Monday morning with 8 inches of fresh snow - too bad we had to leave that day.





The girls got some sled riding in before we left.
















Waffle stop at the bottom of the slopes . yum!








No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs