The Art of Puttering

Saturday, June 13, 2015

We live such busy lives always on the go, always something to do, somewhere to be. When we find that rare day when we have nothing on the agenda we all tend to putter our way through the day ... and no it doesn't have anything to do with golf.  I came across this article in the NYT called The Art of Puttering and I knew we weren't alone.  

Personally I have to fight the urge to add something to the agenda when nothing else is planned. It takes Dan and Olivia to remind me that it is OK to stay home and have no plans. When I let myself relax into the ease of hours passing by with no real to do list I'm mentally ticking off I find myself actually doing the things I truly enjoy - which usually has something to do with being creative.  I find that Olivia loves to play like she used to as a little girl make believing something.  Dan usually tackles some mound of paper that has been growing for months.  

Puttering isn't something you can plan, it's organic it just happens. You wake up one morning with a thrill when you realize you have nothing on the calendar and you are free ... gloriously free to putter!!  





No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs